The Australian Digital Commerce Association has launched the inaugural Blockchain Industry Awards — the Blockies — that will be awarded to winners at this year’s APAC Blockchain Conference Awards Night.
The 2019 inaugural awards encompass both individual and business categories including Blockchain Entrepreneur of the Year, Women in Blockchain Female Leader of the Year, Blockchain Project (Government) of the Year and Blockchain Business of the Year.
The ADCA says that with the Australian Blockchain sector flourishing, the Blockies recognise outstanding performers for their contribution, innovation, and development in the blockchain sector.
“Incredible individuals are covering new ground in technical innovation, regulation, community building, and new business ideas”, Nick Giurietto, ADCA chief executive, said.
“It’s time to celebrate our successes and to recognise the achievements of those on the cutting edge of blockchain adoption in Australia.”
Awards will be presented at the APAC Blockchain Conference on 23 July, the 3rd edition of the largest Blockchain event in Australia.
The ADCA says that in 2018, the event brought together more than 500 attendees from over 250 companies ranging from blockchain startups to enterprise and policy makers.
Over 70 speakers are confirmed for this year’s event, including:
- Peter Hiom, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, ASX
- Justo Ortiz, Chairman, UnionBank of the Philippines
- Sophie Gilder, Head of Experimentation – Blockchain, Embodied AI & Emerging Tech, Innovation Labs, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Tom Wilkinson, Head of MI & Analytics and Cambridge Policy Fellow, United Kingdom Department for International Development
- Marwan Alzarouni, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Blockchain Center
- Toshikazu Masuyama, former Senior Official, Japan’s Ministry of Economy Japan’s Trade and Industry (METI)
- Siriboon Chaisawat, Research Assistant, Thailand’s National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
- Carolyn Trickett, Head of Business Technology, JLL
- Benjamin Hall, Assistant Director (ICT), Australian Public Service
- Lucas Cullen, Co-Founder & CTO, Civic Ledger