Activision’s hit battle royal PC game Call of Duty: Warzone is likely coming to mobile. Now, they are looking for a dev position that will handle “Warzone Mobile.”
According to a (now deleted) careers post on their official website, the company is looking for an executive producer. The producer will handle a mobile game called “WZM.” Pundits and fans alike believe this refers to Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile.
Warzone Mobile would need an experienced exec
Activision is killing it in the mobile gaming industry with its Call of Duty: Mobile. The game is a massive success, overtaking games like Fortnite, and PUBG. Meanwhile, the studio is looking to hammer their advantage further by bringing Warzone to mobile.
Warzone is a superb PC and console title. Subsequently, the game is getting a ton of good PR for its tight gameplay and competitive environment. It’s the premier MMOFPS title at the moment, and the game going to mobile is huge.
In the deleted job post, Activision is looking for an executive producer for the game. Some sources were able to save the screenshots of the post. Furthermore, it offers an interesting insight into what Activision expects for the game.
“As Executive Producer, features you will own product framing and player experience of a new AAA mobile FPS in the Call of Duty franchise,” notes the post, which is standard for such positions.
“Developing in collaboration with multiple Activision studio locations around the world, this leader is a skilled communicator and development leader who can define and harvest the important elements that define a best-in-class mobile shooter game, clearly articulate why these elements are important and what their success criteria are, and shepherd those elements through a distributed development organization to deliver the highest quality software product.”
Executive producer hired would have a lot of responsibilities
The description for the executive producer Activision is looking for can be quite broad. Likewise, the producer for the mobile Call of Duty: Warzone will have lots of responsibilities. Furthermore, these likely will give anyone a wealth of experience handling the IP.
Among the things that applicants need to do include:
- Shape the mobile game product through driving creative alignment across mobile dev teams and stakeholders across all disciplines
- Frame WHAT the game needs and WHY elements are in, out or meet quality standards during development
- Harvest, adapt and deliver the essential features from Warzone console and PC into their best mobile instantiation
- Improve upon the Warzone formula by proposing and producing mobile-specific additions and changes to features to ensure a best-in-class mobile experience that players will love
- Serve as primary point of contact on Warzone Mobile leadership team for clarity and decisions on user-facing features, UX and overall quality
The job posting likely needs and experience person for the job. Furthermore, the project will likely be big, which means the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone will be huge too. Subsequently, it’s only a matter of time before Activision shows off their shiny, new mobile title.
Featured image courtesy of Call of Duty/Youtube Screenshot