Just two days after it’s initial launch, Desperados III has already garnered positive reviews. Moreover, the game is now available on Xbox One, PC, and PS4.
Desperados III is a real-time tactical game set in the ruthless Wild West scenario. It was developed by Mimimi Games and published by THQ Nordic. Desperados is not a new game, but a prequel to the classic Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive.
What is Desperados III all about
The game begins with a flashback of the main character, the young John Cooper. The young Cooper trained to follow his father’s footsteps. However, his father left him behind but gave him a promise that he will return.
#DESPERADOS3 OUT NOW!
👉Xbox One: https://t.co/AYOqXQUOmR
— Mimimi (@MimimiProd) June 16, 2020
Fast forward to the present, John Cooper is now an experienced gunslinger ready to take on his enemies. To complete his mission, John Cooper will join forces with other experienced characters.
Each character has his own revenge story willing to go on adventures with Cooper. Hence, Cooper’s comrades include the runaway bride Kate, the shady hitman Doc McCoy, the giant trapper Hector, and Isabelle, a mysterious lady from New Orleans.
Thus, the gang will go on their adventures over swamps and riverbanks, as well as passing through the rural towns of the legendary Wild West. Besides, the characters will each have a unique weapon and abilities.
Desperados III game features
In the game, players can use the stealth feature or the action game, which activates the showdown mode. Moreover, the official site of the Desperados III released the game’s features:
- Play five unique characters, each with a very particular set of skills
- Experience true freedom of choice with countless different ways to overcome any obstacle
- Defeat large groups of enemies with careful planning and execution
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, mysterious swamps, sprawling modern cities, and many more
- Choose between non-lethal and deadly attacks, stealth and blazing guns
- Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replay challenges
- The Showdown mode allows you to pause the game anytime and react to ambushes or surprise attacks
Are you ready? #DESPERADOS3 – TOMORROW!
— Mimimi (@MimimiProd) June 15, 2020
Desperados III is now available on major gaming platforms
At the moment, Xbox players can purchase the game at $59.99 and $49.99 for the PC version. However, gamers have the option to buy the Collector’s Edition, which costs $109.99 for PC and $119.99 for PS4 and Xbox One versions.
However, some players are concerned with the game’s resolution on Xbox One. Fortunately, Desperados III features Xbox One X enhancements, which means that it is running at 4K resolution.