Desperados III is a good old fashion Western revenge tale. Moreover, the game is popular among players who have a hunger for serious stealth challenges.
Desperados III is a real-time tactical game set in the ruthless Wild West scenario. It was developed by Mimimi Games and published by THQ Nordic. Desperados is not a new game, but a prequel to the classic Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive.
It is a prequel
Desperados III will explore the back story of the game’s protagonist, John Cooper. Players will get to see how Cooper became the notorious bounty hunter, as seen in the 2011 franchise. Moreover, the bounty hunter is joined by two familiar characters, Doc McCoy and Kate O’Hara.
— James 🦊 Desperados III / Xenoblade Chronicles (@LeonBelmontX) July 10, 2020
As a prequel, the game transpires before the events of Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive. Furthermore, the game takes the players back to the harsh environment of the Frontier West of the 1870s.
One of its major achievements is the natural movement of the character models, such as sneaking, crawling, walking, and running. In comparison to its previous game, Desperados III has developed fantastic cinematic lighting. Gamers have applauded the game for its intricate visual graphics, such as the design of the buildings.
We're living in the age of isometric western games.
– West of Dead
– Desperados III
– Colt Canyon
– Weird West pic.twitter.com/CLgihwpD1e
— John J (@SuperPositiveGs) July 9, 2020
Desperados III characters
Desperados III features five playable blood-soaked characters, having unique skills and abilities.
- John Cooper – the main character of the game and is very much the jack-of-all-trades. Also, he can kill quietly with a knife or kill two folks with just a shot of revolver.
- Hector Mendoza – known as the “Strongman Hector” and carries a giant bear trap. He can slay the toughest opponent.
- Doc Mccoy – the cold-blooded bounty hunter using his ability to take his enemies from afar without making so much noise.
- Kate O’ Hara – a beautiful lady who can fool the enemy with the right outfit and kill them discreetly with her hidden gun.
- Isabelle Moreau – a tough woman who uses her jinxes and poison darts to manipulate and control the enemy’s minds.
Desperados III is available on major platforms
Desperados III is now available for consoles for the first time. Publisher THQ Nordic made it possible for the game to be accessible on Xbox One and PS4 alongside its arrival on PC.
The game is also available digitally on PlayStation and Xbox online stores and Steam. Besides, the game has fortunately been receiving a lot of good reviews from its players.
Image Courtesy of THQ Nordic/YouTube Screenshot