Ellen DeGeneres Show had been airing in Australia’s Channel Nine since 2013. However, the network decided to stop airing it on Monday, Cosmopolitan reported.
Channel Nine has stopped airing The Ellen DeGeneres Show from its timeslot between 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. However, there is still an “ongoing” discussion between Channel Nine and Warner Bros. about the upcoming season.
The network’s spokesperson has confirmed the news announcing that they replaced it with Desperate Housewives.
“We are resting Ellen repeats on Nine and have replaced with Desperate Housewives,” Channel Nine’s spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia.
The Ellen show was subjected to an internal investigation after 10 former employees and one current staff complained about its toxic workplace.
On Monday, the producers and WarnerMedia decided to fire three top executive producers. Ed Glavin, Kevin Leman, and Jonathan Norman parted ways with the show, a spokesperson of WarnerMedia confirmed the news to The Hollywood Reporter.
Meanwhile, executive producers Mary Connelly and Andy Lassner remain at the show. Ellen DeGeneres also sent a note to the staff.
“I’m so so sorry for what this has become. I’ve left this to be a well-oiled machine, and I realize it’s not a machine…its human beings,” her note read.
Meanwhile, there are rumors that James Corden will replace Ellen DeGeneres. Some were supportive of the idea, but many disapproved of the Late Late host.
According to several netizens, Corden was worse than DeGeneres.
“James Corden is much much worse and more annoying than Ellen,” @sighyam wrote.
“James Corden is worse than Ellen. He’s one of the worst humans in Hollywood. He’s foul, rude and a total di– in real life,” @PaintingSurger agreed.
“James Corden is just as bad if not worse than Ellen based on the stories I’ve read,” @broadcities opined.
However, the rumors about James Corden replacing Ellen DeGeneres were not true. The Ellen show producers have been addressing the various complaints on set. Also, they made it clear that the host will stay.
DeGeneres’ wife was once asked about the show and if DeGeneres is still doing it. The Scandal star made a short but affirmative response.
“Yes, she is,” Portia de Rossi said per Page Six.
Also, DeGeneres, herself, was spotted over the weekend having lunch in Santa Barbara with a friend. A man asked the Emmy winner about the three executives who were fired but declined to comment.
When asked about the show, DeGeneres said, “I will be talking to my fans.”
Image courtesy of s_bukley/Shutterstock
Darren McGrady was a personal chef to Queen Elizabeth before working for Princess Diana. Princess…
Jennifer Lopez didn’t, allegedly, postpone her wedding to Alex Rodriguez because of the coronavirus pandemic.…
Angelina Jolie and her brother, James Haven are, allegedly, living very different lives. According to…