Fans can now breathe a sigh of relief as Housemarque instantly revealed a new update, 1.3.4 for Returnal, to fix an annoying issue.
Patch 1.3.4 is now live, and players can go for it comfortably to solve the file save-related error in Returnal.
The just-released update amounts to roughly 1GB in size.
What’s there in the latest ‘Returnal’ update 1.3.4?
Patch 1.3.4 is live! #Returnal
Jump back into Atropos again.
Blog post with more details.https://t.co/683TgRLP9a
— Housemarque (@Housemarque) May 6, 2021
Housemarque Games immediately took notice of the situation and the problem many players were facing after patch 1.3.3.
They weren’t able to save the files at all.
Then earlier on Thursday, the developer tweeted to resolve the issue “in a few hours.”
It also warned the players not to go for patch 1.3.3 until a new one arrives.
And at last, Returnal update 1.3.4 made its way before the day’s end.
Here’s what’s been added and fixed, as per the official description from Housemarque. Not everything might get solved, however.
- The save games can now be played safely depending on certain conditions.
- Several save games became corrupted with patch 1.3.3, but their file size was intact. And players having those save games can proceed without any issues. They don’t need to use a backed-up save the file.
- Those won’t solve games deleted by patch 1.3.3 and reduced to 0KB even despite the update 1.3.4.
- In these circumstances, players need to use backup save from PS+. With a save file from PS+, they can continue playing after using the new update.
- But won’t solve the problem if the cloud has been overwritten by “deleted” save games. In this case, as well, patch 1.3.4 won’t help either.
A future patch, 1.3.5, is expected to release soon.
Brand new games coming in 2021
Meanwhile, die-hard gaming enthusiasts are waiting curiously for multiple heavyweights in this calendar.
But that’s not it!
The line-up extends further with the likes of Death loop, Dying Light 2, New World, Humankind, and No More Heroes 3.
Biomutant, Psychonauts 2, GhostWire: Tokyo, Cyber Shadow, Shadow Warrior 3, and Kena: Bridge of Spirits are other crucial launches.
Coming back to Returnal, again, it’s now available for PS5.
What do you think about all the major games arriving later this year? Are you excited and hyped for them?
Drop your reactions and any other thought you have on our social media handle on Twitter at @MICKYNewsOz.
Image courtesy of PlayStation/YouTube