Hades, Supergiant Games’ action roguelike, swept the 2021 BAFTA Games Awards. The game received five major awards, including the Best Game.
Hades received a total of five awards, which meant they won every major category at the 2021 BAFTA Games Awards. These include Best Game, Artistic Achievement, Game Design, Narrative, and Performer in a Supporting Role.
Hades takes five major categories
Supergiant’s Hades has become one of the best modern games of the recent times. The isometric action roguelike is not only fun to play but also offers a great story. Every session is compelling and offers something players can’t find anywhere else.
It’s not a surprise that Hades won most of the most prestigious BAFTA categories. Best Game is the crown jewel for the awards, while the Performer in a Supporting Role went to Logan Cunningham. Logan voiced Hades, together with a load of other gods.
The full list of winners include:
- Artistic Achievement – Hades
- Best Game – Hades
- Game Design – Hades
- Best Narrative – Hades
- Animation – The Last of Us Part 2
- Audio Achievement Award – Ghost of Tsushima
- British Game of the Year – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Best Debut Game – Carrion
- Evolving Game Award – Sea of Thieves
- Best Family – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Best Multiplayer – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Original Property Award – Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performer in a Leading Role – Laura Bailey
- Performer in a Supporting Role – Logan Cunningham
- Technical Achievement Award- Dreams
- EE Game of the Year (voted publicly) – The Last of Us Part 2
The list doesn’t tell the whole story of the competition Hades had to win over.
Hades wins against one of strongest roster of nominees
The 2021 BAFTA Games Awards concluded with some of the more robust roster of nominations. Hades was battling it out with some of the biggest titles of the last few years.
We will always be grateful for this.
Congratulations to our fellow nominees, whose work has long inspired us. It's an honor to be in the same category.
Huge congratulations to everyone, past and present, at @SupergiantGames.
Thanks so much to our partners, friends, and family. https://t.co/zipTwNCTOK
— Supergiant Games (@SupergiantGames) March 25, 2021
For Best Game, the game won over other superb titles like Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Ghost of Tsushima, Half-Life: Alyx, The Last of Us Part 2, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
For Artistic Achievement, Hades won over the likes of Cyberpunk 2077, Dreams, The Last of Us Part 2, and even Ghost of Tsushima. Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Part 2 was this year’s most-nominated title. Even then, it only won three categories.
Hades itself is one of the more beloved titles in the event. Carrion, the reverse horror game, also received the Debut Game award at the 2021 BAFTA Games Awards. The category is the most prestigious for new, up and coming IPs.
Featured image courtesy of Supergiant Games/Youtube Screenshot