Categories: Entertainment

Is Harry Styles the next James Bond?

Share

On Saturday morning, it has been reported that Harry Styles was discussing with James Bond bosses to take over the iconic role.

26-year-old Harry Styles is, reportedly, replacing current 007, Daniel Craig.

According to Ladbrokes, the former One Direction star has gone from 100-1, all the way down to 25-1.

A source told The Sun, “Harry is deadly serious. He has had a series of high-level meetings about becoming 007. Harry believes he is the final two.”

“Harry is a new age British man… He’s confident in his own skin, and making him Bond would signal the franchise changing with the times.”

The Watermelon Sugar hitmaker remained one of the top men to replace Craig as the British secret agent.

Styles is behind Idris Elba, 10-1, Richard Madden, 8-1, Henry Cavill, 6-1, and James Norton, 2-1.

However, a spokesperson for the singer denies the claims that he is in the running to play James Bond.

“The reports aren’t remotely true,” they said in a statement to The Daily Mail.

While Styles will not be joining the franchise, he has a couple of projects already lined up for him.

He is confirmed to be the newest addition to Olivia Wilde’s movie, Don’t Worry, Darling, and the LGBTQ+ film, My Policeman.

Tom Hardy to become the next “007?”

Harry Styles becoming the next 007 comes after reports last month that Tom Hardy is set to land the iconic role.

The Vulcan Reported published an article in June saying that Hardy was offered the iconic role after a successful audition.

According to the outlet, producers planned to unveil Hardy as the new James Bond in November – the same time No Time to Die is released.

Further delays

However, Daniel Craig’s last film on the franchise is said to have been delayed further.

This has been the third time the film has been pushed back because of the coronavirus pandemic.

On Friday, they announced that the film would not be released until April 2, so No Time to Die can “be seen by a worldwide theatrical audience.”

Before a worldwide rollout in April 2021, the movie was initially set for a London premiere back on March 31.

Since COVID-19 took hold in march, MGM, Universal, and producers of the film announced they were delaying the release until November 12, and would have a US launch on November 25.

“We understand the delay will be disappointing to our fans, but we now look forward to sharing No Time to Die next year.”

Image courtesy of BBC Radio 1/YouTube/Screenshot, Resized

Krystal Rowe

Published by
Krystal Rowe

Recent Posts

94% of Aussies Like Living in Australia – Survey Says

A Survey conducted by the National Australia Bank (NAB) shows that a growing number of…

1 hour ago

‘Genshin Impact’: meet the most powerful characters in Teyvat

Genshin Impact boasts a star-studded cast of characters. While each character is unique, players who…

1 hour ago

Filming of ‘The Boys’ season 3 officially started!

Good news for all The Boys fans! Season 3 has now officially moved into production.…

1 hour ago