Play the Nintendo Switch wireless and hassle-free by pairing it to Apple Airpods for the best on-the-go gaming experience.
The Nintendo Switch doesn’t officially support the use of wireless headphones However, a recent system update on the system made a workaround to the problem.
The Nintendo Switch’s 4.0.0 patch added some notable features such as video capturing in selected games. However, an unannounced feature seems to be the most important of all.
The support for audio via USB has been added in the patch which allows selected wireless headsets to pair with the console.
Like other gaming consoles, the Switch also utilizes Bluetooth technology to interact with wireless controllers. However, it does not allow Bluetooth headphones to connect directly into the console.
The workaround featured in the 4.0.0 update will allow wireless headsets to connect to the Nintendo Switch via a USB dongle in order to provide wireless capability.
Pairing the Airpods
Apple Airpods can’t be directly paired with the Nintendo Switch. But with the recent update, it can be possible with the use of a Switch-compatible Bluetooth dongle.
However, remember that this is a workaround and is not officially a supported feature of the Switch. There is a possibility that a future update on the Switch will remove this capability.
Here are the detailed instructions for pairing the Airpods:
- Plug the dongle into the Nintendo Switch. Some dongles can be plugged on the console’s charging port, while others can be plugged to the headphone jack.
- Long press the pairing button on the dongle.
- Once in pairing mode, get the Airpods and put them inside the case. Long press the button at the back of the case until a light flashes.
- Put the dongle and the Airpod case next to each other for a few seconds. If the light on the Airpod case turns green, it means the Airpods are paired with the dongle.
- Take out the Airpods and enjoy using them with the Nintendo Switch.
Adjusting the volume of the Airpods directly from the Nintendo Switch works perfectly. There is also little to no latency after continuous plug and play for days.
It is okay to play games without headphones. However, it is great to have one especially when traveling or don’t want others to be disturbed if they are in the same room.
Pairing the new Apple Airpods with the Nintendo Switch console provide an unparalleled experience. Make the most out of it before a new patch comes around.
Featured image courtesy of AppleInsider/YouTube Screenshot