The Isle of Armor, Pokemon Sword and Shieldâs first-ever DLC, has introduced additional content to the game that players can enjoy exclusively within the eponymous landmass. One of those contents is a side-quest that tasks players to upgrade the Master Dojo by donating Watts, which is the same currency exclusively-gotten from both active and inactive dens.
Depending on your play style, getting into the island post-game could either render you with so many Watts or otherwise. But unless the amount you have is no less than 3,280,000, it will not be enough for this quest. It literally takes this much Watts to not just complete the upgrade but also see the side-quest through.
Intuition would probably tell you the need to do raid dens an nth number of times to pool that much Watts. Fortunately, there is an alternative to getting so many Watts faster, but this will entail the use of yet another “currency”âthe armorite ore.
Your first several armorite ores will be provided to you as part of Isle of Armorâs main quest. The rest you would have to farm exclusively across raid dens within the landmass.
To get Watts faster, you would have to contract an NPC by the Warm-Up Tunnel named Digging Pa to mine you, Watts. The condition is that you must pay 7 armorite ores for each session.
Through this method, you can expect to gather Watts at no less than 20,000 and can at times go as far as 100,000+.
How to Start the Upgrade
The quest to upgrade the Master Dojo is not going to be accessible to players upon just reaching the island. Players must first finish the quest involving the Master Dojoâs trials that subsequently grants the legendary Pokemon, Kubfu.
Getting past that, a scene will kick in with an NPC named Honey telling you of the upgrades for the Master Dojo. But instead of Poke Dollars, Honey requires Watts to make the upgrades.
There is a total of 14 upgrades that the Major Dojo can get (technically, 10). But each of which significantly costlier than the previous.
Here is the breakdown of each of those upgrades and their corresponding Watts requirements:
- 5,000 Adds a hairstylist (new hairstyles)
- 10,000 Adds a Rotomi terminal (unusable)
- 20,000 Activates the Rotomi terminal
- 30,000 Adds a vending machine (dispenses Fresh Water only)
- 40,000 Adds Soda Pop to the vending machine
- 50,000 Adds Lemonade to the vending machine
- 100,000 Adds fresh ingredients to the kitchen fridge
- 200,000 Adds a second vending machine (dispenses Protein and Iron only)
- 300,000 Adds Calcium and Zinc to the second vending machine
- 400,000 Adds HP Up and Carbos to the second vending machine
- 500,000 Adds the Master Dojo as a League Card background
- 800,000 Receive Honey’s League Card
- 1,000,000 Battle against Honey
- 3,280,000 Receive Honey’s Rare League Card
Image used courtesy of Jonny Plays/YouTube Screenshot