Sources alleged that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are looking for an extension toward Megxit.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry continue to face controversies as their Megxit review fastly approaches. In March, they will meet with Queen Elizabeth to talk about the conclusion of their exit.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain tight-lipped, though, about the matter. Hence, it remains unclear whether they will fly back to the United Kingdom in the next few months.
Amid all the talks about it, new reports emerged alleging that the Sussexes are requesting for an “extension” over their exit deal. Following the release of the charges, netizens criticized the couple, according to the Daily Express.
Netizens slammed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
Several individuals called out Meghan Markle and Prince Harry on social media platforms earlier this week. While some expressed their “fury” over the extension plans, others raised questions about the alleged request.
Some people also speculated that the Sussex couple likely needs a one-year extension because of their finances. One netizen even said that the Duke and Duchess do not have money, adding that they need Prince Charles to “foot their bills.”
As the criticisms and speculations continue to become more apparent, there are a few individuals who asked the non-working royal to “get lost” and move forward. “You said you wanted privacy, go away,” the same netizen added.
View this post on Instagram
Sussexes to extend Megxit?
The criticisms come after sources claimed that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are planning to extend their deal with Queen Elizabeth. In their original negotiation, they will revisit the overall scope of Megxit on March 31, 2021. But, it has appeared that they want a “more permanent agreement,” according to The Sun.
Part of their appeal is their reported requests of hanging on to their royal patronages for another 12 months. This is despite closing more commercial ventures in the United States. Insiders also asserted that the Duke of Sussex remains “interested” in getting back his military roles.
Return to the United Kingdom
The Duke and Duchess will allegedly meet with Queen Elizabeth and the rest of the senior royals next month via Zoom. Sources said that the “friendly video calls” will take place months before they finalize their return to the United Kingdom.
A similar report from Cheat Sheet stated, however, that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are slated to fly back to the British Royals’ turf in the spring and summer of the coming year. Alongside revisiting their Megxit deal, they will also reportedly be present at the Queen’s 95th birthday and Prince Philip’s 100th in June.
Featured image courtesy of The Royal Family Channel/YouTube