Meghan Markle and Prince Harry had allegedly filmed their departure from the royal family last year.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s business deal with Netflix have sparked various rumors. Different outlets claimed that they could create a documentary.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry recorded behind-the-scene videos
Daily Mail royal correspondents Rebecca English and Paul Revoir have learned that Prince Harry and Markle has a sensational home footage. The royal couple had allegedly recorded their departure from the royal family last year.
The Sussexes are believed to have told Netflix about it during the negotiations and before they signed the deal.
There are suggestions that the two wanted to make their own “worthy” documentaries with a huge price-tag from Netflix. The Sussexes’ home video footage is expected to be explosive.
There are also rumors that the footage includes the introduction of Archie into the family. Several insiders are convinced that the video will provide unique insight into the couple’s lives.
The reports about Prince Harry and Markle’s behind-the-scene videos came after claims that they denied the report about them making reality shows on Netflix.
View this post on Instagram
– I wish you a wonderful and merry Christmas! For the occasion a very nice photo was shared by Harry, Meghan and Archie! Lot of love! 🎅🏼❄️🎄 – Je vous souhaite un merveilleux et joyeux Noël! Pour l’occasion une très jolie photo a été partagée par Harry, Meghan et Archie! Beaucoup d’amour!🎅🏼❄️🎄
Are you actually friggin' kidding me? They took sneaky videos of their Royal life to flog to the highest bidder? How low can you go. This is utterly disgusting. The ultimate betrayal to the RF & the UK taxpayers who were funding them at the time 😡😡😡https://t.co/mRl5cx9bvr
— Mondo (@nosparklemarkle) September 29, 2020
Royal couple hypocrites
The Sun is the first outlet to report that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are doing reality shows, which they denied. Royal expert Ingrid Seward and editor of Majesty Magazine finds it hypocritical if the rumors were true.
“We were told they had gone to California for greater privacy so it all appears rather hypocritical,” she said.
“It is extraordinary. This is exactly what they said they wouldn’t do.”
She added that the more Prince Harry and Markle talk about themselves, the more people will want them to do just that. So, the public might not be interested in anything else they could offer.
PR expert Mark Borkowski was more supportive, saying the viewers will surely be interested. However, there needs to be authenticity. He also noted that that the big hits on Netflix are those based in reality, so the Sussexes doing the same makes sense.
Sussexes released a statement
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle released a statement when rumors about them doing reality shows made headlines. The couple vehemently denied that they will be doing one.
“The Duke and Duchess are not taking part in any reality shows,” Prince Harry and Markle said in a statement to Deadline.
However, Daily Mail pointed out that while the royal couple said they were not taking part in a reality show on Netflix, the suggestion that they could personally feature in a documentary series made by their new production company had not been ruled out.
Image used courtesy of ABC News/YouTube Screenshot