The official nominations list for the 2020 European Film Awards is out now. The European film academy just released it recently.
According to Deadline, the European Film Academy has revealed the nominees for this year’s European Film Awards. And the race is looking tough with potential winners.
The virtual award ceremony will be held between Dec. 8 and 12.
2020 European Film Awards – List of nominees
Movies like Another Round, Martin Eden, and Corpus Christi are currently leading the nominations. All three are competing under four categories each, including Best European Film honor of 2020.
This time, there are six contenders in the European Film section, compared to the traditional criteria. Previously, there were only five entries. The same is the case in the Documentary category as well.
“To widen the platform to more European films in what is such a difficult time for European cinema and artists, the EFA Board has decided to exceptionally increase the nominations in the full-length feature film categories and the documentary category from five to six,” said the EFA board chairman while announcing the list.
Here are all the nominees for European Film Awards:
- Another Round
- Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Corpus Christi
- Martin Eden
- The Painted Bird
- Acasă, My Home
by Radu Ciorniciuc
by Alexander Nanau
by Victor Kossakovsky
- Little Girl
by Sébastien Lifshitz
- Saudi Runaway
by Susanne Regina Meures
- The Cave
by Feras Fayyad
- Agnieszka Holland – Charlatan
- Jan Komasa – Corpus Christi
- Pietro Marcello – Martin Eden
- François Ozon – Summer Of 85
- Maria Sødahl – Hope
- Thomas Vinterberg – Another Round
- Paula Beer in Undine
- Natasha Berezhnaya in Dau. Natasha
- Andrea Bræin Hovig in Hope
- Ane Dahl Torp in Charter
- Nina Hoss in My Little Sister
- Marta Nieto in Mother
- Bartosz Bielenia in Corpus Christi
- Goran Bogdan in Father
- Elio Germano in Hidden Away
- Luca Marinelli in Martin Eden
- Mads Mikkelsen in Another Round
- Viggo Mortensen in Falling
- Martin Behnke & Burhan Qurbani – Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Costa-Gavras – Adults In The Room
- Damiano & Fabio D’Innocenzo – Bad Tales
- Pietro Marcello & Maurizio Braucci – Martin Eden
- Mateusz Pacewicz – Corpus Christi
- Thomas Vinterberg & Tobias Lindholm – Another Round
European Short Film
- All Cats Are Grey In The Dark
by Lasse Linder
- Genius Loci
by Adrien Mérigeau
- Past Perfect
by Jorge Jácome
- Sun Dog
by Dorian Jespers
- Uncle Thomas, Accounting For The Days
by Regina Pessoa
Award functions affected by the pandemic
This year is severely hit by the pandemic and its inevitable global impact. Many popular and prestigious award ceremonies have been shifted to online mediums. And that’s very obvious to understand.
Even the 2021 Oscars are rumored to take place virtually in a new format. It will be the first time in the Academy awards that the event won’t happen traditionally.
Some of the music awards are exceptions, but mostly it’s all virtual now. Like the European Film Awards, BAFTA and Golden Globes will also turn into online editions.
Image courtesy of European Film Awards/YouTube Screenshot