Google’s latest Android 10 OS will serve as the last update for the OnePlus 5 and 5T.
The OnePlus 5 and 5T are now receiving Android 10 through OxygenOS Open Beta. The Chinese smartphone giant previously outlined the current Google OS platform for both phones in the second quarter of 2020.
Official change log
The said Android 10 update for OnePlus 5 and 5T was officially announced via the OnePlus forum. For users who’d get the newest update, they’d be receiving the following changelog:
- Brand new UI design brings light and fluid experience
- Updated to Android 10
Full-screen gestures (For OnePlus 5T)
- Newly-added Hidden Bar to allow left-right switches for recent apps.
How to receive the latest update?
OnePlus revealed that the Android 10 open beta 1 update is only available for a number of OnePlus users, with it being a test update. Additionally, users won’t be receiving the OTA (over-the-air) update.
It’s also been revealed that unlike other OxygenOS open beta updates, users should be able to receive stable updates alongside the open beta updates once the Android 10 beta update is installed.
If you’re one of those who’d like to install the Android 10 upgrade directly to your phone, you can update your OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T accordingly by following these steps:
- Download OxygenOS Android 10 Beta for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
- Once the zip file is downloaded, move it from the host folder to the root folder using any file-managing apps.
- Next, proceed to Settings> System> System Updates. Choose the local upgrade option by tapping on the “cogwheel” which is located at the top-right corner. Finally, select the rollback file.
How to receive the update for OnePlus 5 and 5T running OxygenOS Open Beta?
- Turn your phone off. As you perform this step, ensure that the press the power and volume up key until the Fastboot Mode screen appears.
- Proceed to recovery option using your phone’s volume keys and the power button. Next, choose the “English” language.
- Choose “Install” from Internal storage. Then, select the downloaded zip file. Select “Yes” afterwards.
- Note that you shouldn’t press any button until the installation is complete.
Announced in 2017, the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are both noted for their key features which include large Optic AMOLED displays, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 chipset, 8GB RAM, and rear dual cameras. The phones are also noted for being the pioneers of large batteries with support for super-fast wired charging.
Image used courtesy of Marques Brownlee/YouTube Screenshot