Rocket League is now free-to-play starting today. To commemorate the milestone, Epic Games launches an epic crossover with its famed Battle Royale title Fortnite.
It looks the terms of the deal are now becoming apparent. What better way to celebrate the FTP milestone than to throw in contents from Epic’s most popular title. Now, Fortnite is not famous for in-game vehicles, but there’s one that stands out—the Battle Bus.
The all-new Rocket League event will start on Saturday, September 26. It’ll start at 10 p.m. UTC and will run until October 12.
One important thing to note about the event’s reward system, as highlighted by GameRant, is it will follow Fortnite’s challenge system.
Furthermore, the official Rocket League statement reads:
“Beginning with Llama-Rama, in-game events are going to be slightly different from what you may be used to. To unlock the items from the event, you’ll need to complete Event Challenges.”
To unlock the game’s newest car, which is the Fortnite Battle Bus, players must complete all the event challenges.
For the ultimate gaming enthusiasts, the Battle Bus will be a great addition to the game’s vehicle collection. As noted by the same gaming publication, Rocket League is quite known to adding iconic game items such as “the Warthog from Halo, Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, and the Batmobile.”
Although this also goes with Epic’s trend with Fortnite. The BR classic is currently playing with an Aquaman theme this season. Not to mention, a few of the Avengers have also entered the Fortnite realm.
An excerpt of Epic’s official statement reads:
“The Battle Bus has a full tank of boost and is flying into Rocket League! Fortnite is celebrating Rocket League’s move to Free to Play with Llama-Rama — a crossover event where players can complete Rocket League Challenges to unlock rewards for both Rocket League and Fortnite. It’s the perfect time to check out what Soccar is all about!”
The Llama-Rama challenges
In the same announcement, Epic lists down all five challenges that’ll debut this Saturday. Make sure to get familiar with the challenges before the event launches to assure getting the Battle Bus before the event expires.
Also, Fortnite players who also play Rocket League will earn Fortnite-themed rewards as well. All the players will need to do is log-in to Fortnite after completing each challenge.
The challenges are as follows:
- CHALLENGE 1: LLAMAS, START YOUR ENGINES!
- RL Challenge: Play an Online Match in Any Playlist
- RL Reward: Llama Flyer Antenna
- Fortnite Reward: Rocket League Spray
- CHALLENGE 2 – FLAGGED FOR VICTORY
- RL Challenge: Win 1 Online Match in Casual with the Llama Antenna
- RL Reward: Top Llama Topper
- Fortnite Reward: Holodata Drop Contrail
- CHALLENGE 3 – TOP OF THE WORLD
- RL Challenge: Get 5 goals, saves, or assists with the Llama Topper
- RL Reward: Loot Llama Octane Decal
- Fortnite Reward: Rocket Groove Music Track
- CHALLENGE 4 – AN EPIC ENDEAVOR
- RL Challenge: Win 5 Online Matches in Any Playlist with the Llama Decal (Octane)
- RL Reward: Llama Wheels
- Fortnite Reward: Rocket League Emoticon
- CHALLENGE 5 – LLAMA LEGEND
- RL Challenge: Get MVP in any Online Match with the Llama Wheels
- RL Reward: Battle Bus + Battle Balloon Antenna, Battle Bus Wheels, and Battle Bus Engine Audio
- Fortnite Reward: Octane RL Backbling + style variant