The Minecraft Nether update finally arrived, and it comes with the biggest changes. The gold will definitely be players’ best friend on this new game patch.
Media outlets report that the update first came on the Java version. The Bedrock Edition platforms received the Nether update hours after.
Mini-biomes arrival in Minecraft‘s fiery underworld
Nether got an upgrade with the rise of mini-biomes. Players will see four different kinds of biomes, which are: Crimson forest, Warped forest, Soulsand Valleys, and Basalt Deltas.
Meanwhile, the old Nether biome wasn’t fully taken out of the gameplay, but instead was transformed into something that is now called, the “Nether Waste” biome.
Aside from the biomes, there are two other structures made available, which are the Bastion Remnants and the Ruined Portal.
In Bastion Remnants, players will find lots of loots and even make it their home, so long as they beat the original tenants—the Piglins.
Gather your courage, then gather some more: the Nether Update starts rolling out on Java and Bedrock today!
— Minecraft (@Minecraft) June 23, 2020
Added mobs in Minecraft Nether update
Furthermore, the update adds a handful of new mobs, which are:
- Piglins – they are said to be the new ruler of the Nether, which explains why they care so much about gold. Should players encounter this type of mobs, popping out gold will not only earn them a retreat but also bartered items, which most likely will be a Netherlite—a new material that can forge a strong armor.
- Zombified Piglins – These are just the new zombie Piglins
- Hoglins – The name actually originated from players’ suggestions. These creatures are aggressive and dangerous. Defeating one will earn players rewards such as pork chops and leather.
- Zoglins – Similar to the Zombified Piglins, Zoglins are zombie Hoglins
- Strider – This is the only harmless mob. It is dubbed as the horse of Nether. Players can use it as a ride—just by strapping a saddle on it.
Ah, to bargain with Piglins! The ancient art of throwing things at each other’s face; all the while oinking your most thunderous oink. What grace!
Sharpen your negotiation skills by learning all about these gold-hoarding hogs of the Nether:
— Minecraft (@Minecraft) June 17, 2020
New adventure mode
The mode synopsis reads:
A dimensional rift has appeared in Poppy Isle and the mayor has gone missing. It falls on you to venture into the Nether, figure out what happened, and save the mayor!
Players will just need to head on to the Minecraft Marketplace and look for “Way of the Nether” and click on “Get this item.”
Of course, there are the small but relevant details, such as the addition of the new music and over 300 bug fixes.
Featured image courtesy of Minecraft